TREO Leasing provides full service representation as you transition into renting your home to new tenants. You have a responsibility to protect one of the largest assets you will ever own, your home. In just a few short months, a home can be destroyed from the negligence and irresponsibility of poor tenants so it is imperative that you take several safety precautions to ensure you are getting a qualified and responsible tenant before handing over the keys. Here at TREO Leasing, we offer a 5-Point background validation system that will include information covering the following:
- Eviction Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
- Employer Verification Check
- Rental/Leasing History Check
Let TREO Leasing and our 5-point validation system go to work for you! Interested in the steps behind the leasing process? See below:
Steps in the Leasing Process:
1. Select a property
2. Fill out an application:
- Each person who is signing the lease, must fill out an application.
- There is a $30 Fee for each applicant – Payable with cash, money order or credit card.
- The application must be filled out in full, no blank spaces will be accepted.
- Along with the application, the following documents are required:
- Include 2 copies of recent paystubs from each applicant (if self employed include 2 years tax return)
- Copy of Each Applicant drivers license
3. Submit application and supporting documents to TREO, along with the appropriate application fee ($30 for each applicant). Screening will not begin until fees are received.
4. The screening process takes 24-48 hours and will include:
- A Criminal Background Check
- Social Security Number check for additional identities
- Employment Verification and 2 recent paystubs
- Eviction History
- Previous Landlord Validation and history check
- Credit Check
- In addition, the owner of the property, may have additional requirements (I.E. a meeting or phone call).
5. Applicants are notified of the decision within 24 hours of the completed screening process.
6. Once approved, a move in date must be solidified and the security deposit is due at that time to hold the property.
- The security deposit will hold the property for thirty (30) days, if the move-in day is over 30 days from the date the deposit is received; rent will be due for those additional days.
- The security deposit must be in the form of a certified check or money order, payable to the owner of the property.
7. Within three days of leasing approval, all the leasing paperwork and disclosures must be signed. Pertinent information provided by the owner about the home, mailing labels for rent payments, etc. will be supplied at the time of the lease signing.
8. Prior to occupancy, the first full month's rent is due (any pro-rated rent due will be paid the 2nd month).
- For example, if rent is $1000/mo and the move-in date is June 16th, a full month’s rent ($1000) will be due on June 16th. On July 1st, the pro-rated rent for the previous month ($500 for 15 days in June) will be due.
- The 1st full month's rent will be made payable to TREO, Realtors and will be in the form of a certified check, certified money order or paid by credit card (no cash will be accepted).
9. The owner of the property will coordinate the occupancy details of the lease.
10. Moving forward, if there are questions about the lease, property, or rental situation, the tenant should contact the owner directly. We are not a management company and will not be able to answer any questions after occupancy.
Contact TREO Leasing today at
info@CincinnatiLease.com -OR- (513)494-6166
for a FREE consultation!